Jan 27, 2012

Homemade cleaning

Tonight I attempted to make my own laundry detergent. It has to sit over night before I can continue to mix it and use the finished product. I can't believe I actually found all the ingredients I needed at the Walmart by my house. I got my recipe from here.
4 Cups – hot tap water
1 Fels-Naptha soap bar
1 Cup – Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
½ Cup Borax (I used 1 cup Borax)
- Grate bar of soap and add to saucepan with water. Stir continually over medium-low heat until soap dissolves and is melted.
-Fill a 5 gallon bucket half full of hot tap water. Add melted soap, washing soda and Borax. Stir well until all powder is dissolved. Fill bucket to top with more hot water. Stir, cover and let sit overnight to thicken.
-Stir and fill a used, clean, laundry soap dispenser half full with soap and then fill rest of way with water. Shake before each use. (will gel)
-Optional: You can add 10-15 drops of essential oil per 2 gallons. Add once soap has cooled. Ideas: lavender, rosemary, tea tree oil.
I also made the vinegar and water cleaner. I added a little bit of fragrant oil to it to take away from the stout vinegar smell.
Next, I'm going to try the homemade fabric softener sheets out of sponges!

2 comments:

Jamerrill @ Holy Spirit-led Homeschoolin said...

Hey, Momma, I'm glad the homemade laundry soap making worked well for you! :)

Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was curious what all is required to get set up? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
I'm not very internet savvy so I'm not 100% positive. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Feel free to surf to my webpage ... Http://tjscorner505.blogspot.com
my page :: http://free4trick.blogspot.com/2013/01/daily-hacking-trick-airtel-3g-udp-53.html